I realize that there are many “recipes” for this side dish out there. It’s pretty straightforward and absolutely my favorite way to eat Brussels sprouts. I got a big container at the farmers market. Why did I post this if the instructions are readily available? This way, you won’t have to leave my site to find instructions for a complete meal…it’s all right here. Ingenious I say, ingenious!
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, washed, ends cut off, yellow leaves peeled off
- Generous drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Leftover bacon, crumbled (optional! If you don’t like or don’t eat it leave it out. It’s the only way I can get the “men” in my house to eat them.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut any sprouts that are too big to make sure they are all about the same size.
- Put them all on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil, add a generous pinch (use many fingers, not just two) of salt and several grinds of pepper. Mix so they are all coated and lovely.
- Put in oven and roast for 30-45 mins. (It depends on your oven. They should be sizzling and show signs of browning and crisping.)
- IF using bacon, crumble prepared bacon over the sprouts in the last 3-5 mins.
Spoon into a serving dish and enjoy warm and toasty!